This gorgeous 1940s gown is the drama! A cinematic showstopper with insanely beautiful construction and a dramatic sweeping skirt, she's ready for a grand entrance. The bodice has a sheer square neckline with sweet puffed short sleeves and is fitted to the hips before flaring dramatically to the full length sweeping hem. The delicate floral rayon lace and mesh is impeccably mitered in a pointed stripe throughout over a sleek liquid silk lining in inky black. The perfect gown for your next black tie event, we think she would be stunning as an unconventional wedding dress. Due to the age and delicate nature of the material, there are some visible mends and tiny tears, priced accordingly. No labels, well made circa 1940s.
• Size XS/S (see measurements)
• Feels like a rayon mesh/lace with silk linking, lace is lightweight and frothy, lining is fluid and sleek
• Fully lined and opaque with sheer top
• Metal zip at side waist on exterior, hooks at the same point on lining
• As is condition, some small mends throughout and slight tears to the lace on the back collar, delicate but wearable, priced accordingly
Style No. D5192
Fit notes: fitted through bodice with a slightly defined waist and sweeping full length skirt, quite fragile at bodice so best on a more narrow shoulder/ribcage
Shoulder: 13" plus puff
Waist: 25-26" max
Hip: 40" max
Sophie is 5'6.5" / 32"b, 25"w, 36"h / garment is not pinned
Questions? Need more pics? Please ask!
Free USA shipping, no minimum :)
Canada • free for orders $150+
Worldwide • free for orders $300+
Learn more about shipping, as well as our return policy here.