Utterly adorable! 1950s quilted circle skirt and vest ensemble in a sweet calico windowpane floral print in shades of soft black, lavender and buttercup that makes us think of cheerful windowbox gardens. The skirt has a fixed high waist with no stretch (though there is a bit of room to move the buttons) and a full circle sweep to below the knee. The matching fitted vest has a pointed cut, cute silver toned buttons, and an adorable mini breast pocket. Wear them together with the vest closed for the look of dress, layer it over a turtleneck or bodysuit, or separate them and wear the skirt with a chunky sweater and boots or the vest with jeans. No labels, well made (likely handmade) circa 1950s.
• Size XS, 25"waist (see measurements)
• Feels like cotton with a woven synthetic backing, mid-heavy weight and very structured with soft texture
• Both are unlined and backed with an ivory woven material, fully opaque
• Vest buttons fully down front, skirt has two buttons and a metal zip at side of waist
• Excellent condition, light signs of wear but no notable flaws
Style No. D5157
Fit notes: vest is very fitted through bust and waist. skirt has a high fixed waist, full circle skirt, no stretch
Vest: 33" bust, 26" waist, 17/18" long
Skirt: 25" waist, free hip, 150" hem, 27.5" long
Sophie is 5'6.5" / 32"b, 25"w, 36"h / garment is not pinned
Questions? Need more pics? Please ask!!
Free USA shipping, no minimum :)
Canada • free for orders $150+
Worldwide • free for orders $300+
Learn more about shipping, as well as our return policy here.