Proper purple wool suit with super clean & crisp construction, fit for a royal ;) Classic sixties boxy tailored jacket with a wide sharp collar and exaggerated center panel over the middle zip, with large funky buttons. The skirt is simple yet beautifully constructed in thick spongey wool, metal zip and full lining. Norman Hartnell was the official dressmaker of the Royal Family and created a number of gowns for their weddings, coronations and other events, paticularly in the 1940s & 1950s. Label - Hartnell, Le petit Salon, 26 Bruton Street W.I., circa 1960s.
• Size S (see measurements)
• Wool, thick & fine, high quality
• Fully lined with silky grape nylon
• Jacket zips and then buttons, skirt hooks & zips at side
• Great condition, a few tiny nibs on the wool on one sleeve (see last pics), jacket zipper is a touch pesky in one part but works, skirt has a few marks inside the lining (not visible on outside), all minor flaws, priced accordingly
• Style No. D3536
Fit notes: skirt is fitted at the high waist & hip with no stretch, jacket is a boxy yet tailored fit
Jacket - shoulder: 15", sleeve: 21", bust: 37", waist: 34", hem: 37", length: 21"
Skirt - waist: 26", hip: 36"/37", hem: 42", length: 20"
Questions? Need more pics? Please ask!
Free USA shipping, no minimum :)
Canada • free for orders $150+
Worldwide • free for orders $300+
Learn more about shipping, as well as our return policy here.