1940s Chinoiserie Robe Dress M
• SOLD OUT •
Total dream robe-dress in deep magenta embroidered silky fabric, with Oriental nature scenes including small huts, pagodas and villagers doing their thing. Incredible detailing in the silhouette with a quilted notched collar, quilted cuffs, matching tapered sash belt, pockets in the front (lined with magenta silk), princess seam tailoring, and strong shoulder pads without being too dramatic. The sturdy fabric is incredibly ornate with a slight sheen and notes of mustard, ivy, hot pink and champagne. Just gorgeous. No labels, very well made, circa 1940s.
• Size M (see measurements)
• Embroidered silk, possibly rayon
• Fully lined with magenta grosgrain
• Snaps in front and waist belt
• Great condition, if you look very closely there are a few very faint marks on the fabric but they completely get lost in the pattern
• Style No. D2811
Fit notes: tailored cut but should have a bit of room throughout for layering and also to avoid snaps pulling. sash at waist to cinch.
Sleeve: 23 1/2"
Bust: 23 1/2"35"
Taj is 5’9” / 32"b, 24"w, 34"h / garment is not pinned
Questions? Need more pics? Please ask!
Free USA shipping, no minimum :)
Canada • free for orders $150+
Worldwide • free for orders $300+
Learn more about shipping, as well as our return policy here.